Thursday, July 1, 2010

Rebutia albiflora

I'll start off the new month with a photo taken a couple of weeks ago of Rebutia albiflora. I've posted this plant before but not recently, and not this photo. I've always liked this plant because of its ease of growth, its compact growth and the fact that is nice little white flowers are produced so abundantly. What's not to like?

Individual heads are less than 1 inch (2 cm) in diameter but readily produce offsets, flowering in Spring to early Summer. Native to an area in northeastern Tariga near Nogales in southeast Bolivia, they do best in soils with a little more humus than most cacti but are tolerant to a variety of different planting mediums.
I hope to have some nice photos from the Fink Family Farm tomorrow night or soon thereafter. We'll see. In the meantime.....enjoy your plants!

2 comments:

  1. I love rebutia and have orange and gold flowered ones but I need to get this one! Beautiful! Being a retired library cataloguer, I have to tell you that your "succulent plants" label is misspelled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pointing that out. That's what happens when you're posting late at night. The R. albiflora has always been a favorite of ours. It stands out among all the red, orange and yellow Rebutia flowers.

    ReplyDelete